Friday, July 22, 2011

Pretty Shabby Chic Laptop Skin On The Cheap

 

Lookie here. Lookie here. I found some gorgeous goodies at Michael’s last weekend! They’re from the Shabby Chic Tresures line. Just so pretty! I know they’ve been out for awhile now but I haven’t been to Michael’s in forever. So they made my heart pitter patter when I saw them! At first I thought they were wrapping paper. But nope, they’re shelf liner paper. Cool, huh? I had no idea what I was going to do with them. Late last night while blog browsing, I came across the cutest idea! Use contact shelf paper to make your own laptop skin. (Sorry, I can’t remember what blog it was on.) So here’s the pretty contact paper..(& the exacto knife I used)….

1

2

I used the large floral print & have lots left over from that roll!

& here ya go….my pretty Shabby Chic laptop!

3

4

5

I did this in about 5…maybe ten minutes, tops! It’s not a perfect cut as I just slapped it on there & used my exacto knife to cut around the edges. Regardless, I love it! The rolls are regularly $3.00 each but were 40% off that day. So for change, I now have a new floral laptop skin!

 

Thought I’d share some of the other Shabby Chic goodies I purchased…

Shabby Chic note cards.

12

Shabby Chic floral glass magnets.

11

I’m sure I’ll be using the contact paper for lots of things. I think I’m going to go pick up some more. It would make gorgeous wrapping paper!

Thanks for stopping by!

Linked to:

Thirty Handmade Days Pity Party, Sassy Sites, Creation Corner Friday Link Party, Creative Crate Creative-ly U Link Up Party

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I did the same exact thing with the same exact paper. Crazy! Great minds think alike?
    http://www.smallgoodhearth.com/2011/07/computer-skin-of-contact-paper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great simple, quick and elegant idea. I love that you could change it out in a snap if you want to update it.

    ReplyDelete